The Grotto is the most popular and quintessential must-do! Anyone and everyone will love Grayson Lake State Park. Its natural beauty and intoxicating waterfalls will make for a day to remember.
- Operating Year Round!
Crystal Kayak and SUP Glow Tour
- Single weight Limit 275lbs / Tandem 400lbs (Max individual size 275lb)
- Spend 1 hour paddling underground.
- Check out the Rainbow Trout by LED Light
- Explore an underground waterfall.
- Enjoy a small-group experience with a maximum of 8 guests (Larger groups by request)
- Clear kayaks have a tandem option that you can request upon arrival
- Stand Up Paddle or try our NEW Crystal Clear Bottom Kayaks
- Adult Ages 13+ | Sun. - Fri.
- Youth Ages 9 to 12| Sun. - Fri.
- Ride on Child Ages 5 to 8 | Must be accompanied by an adult| Sun. - Fri.
- Adult Ages 13+ | Saturday
- Youth Ages 9 to 12 | Saturday
- Ride on Child Ages 5 to 8 | Must be accompanied by an adult| Saturday
Explore the Red River Gorge by kayaking a flooded mine by LED light
Have you ever seen an underground waterfall? That’s just one highlight of Mine Glow, our most popular cave kayaking in Kentucky adventure.
You’ll paddle through an abandoned limestone mine by the glow of your LED lights and your headlamp.
Keep an eye out for rainbow trout who often follow the tour. If you’re lucky, you’ll see a Kentucky brown bat taking a rest on the limestone walls.
Get ready for some fun on this unique Red River Gorge underground Crystal Clear Kayak and SUP glow adventure.
- 1.5 Hour Guided Tour
- Crystal Clear Bottom Kayak or Clear SUP Board
- Nocqua Led Lights
- Helmet & Headlamp
- Personal Flotation Device
- Small group experience
- Arrive 30-minutes early for quick skills review
- Gear Up
- Time to head Underground for 90 Min
- 15 Min Wrap Up Photo Delivery
- Located in the heart of Kentucky’s Red River Gorge
- 1 hour from Lexington, KY
- 2.5 hours from Cincinnati, OH
- Bert T Combs Mountain Parkway Exit 33 toward Slade, KY
From Bert T Combs Mountain Parkway, take Exit 33, turn right, and go 4.7 miles. You will take the first left past Mill Creek Lake, which is Rogers-Glencairn Rd. Look for the Gorge Underground sign. The mine is your first left off Rogers-Glencairn Rd. It is a gravel drive through a large gate with a Gorge Underground banner, but don’t stop there. Stand Up Paddle Kentucky is a short way past the kayak outfitter.
Questions? We love them! Check out our FAQs page or send us an email at [email protected].
Payment is required at booking.
For group bookings and special payment arrangements please email [email protected]. Please include your order number, name, trip dates, and amount.
We understand that sometimes plans change. Please read our policy fully.
No refunds will be given prior to your adventure.
You may reschedule your adventure as long as you do so at least 7 days prior to trip time. A 10$ change fee will be applied per ticket
No exceptions will be granted to our cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Stand Up Paddle Kentucky is refunded. We CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets, fuel, or travel time, due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Stand Up Paddle Kentucky reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a tour participant should such a person’s behavior, health, or mental condition impede the operation of the trip.
Stand Up Paddle Kentucky reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.