The Grotto is the most popular and quintessential must-do! Anyone and everyone will love Grayson Lake State Park. Its natural beauty and intoxicating waterfalls will make for a day to remember.
- Spend 1 hour stand-up paddleboarding underground.
- Look for unique wildlife by an LED light.
- Explore an underground waterfall.
- Star in two personal photos, guaranteed, and numerous group photos perfect for sharing on Facebook.
- Enjoy a small-group experience with a maximum of 10 participants (4 minimum).
- Adult Ages 8 and up
- Child Ages 3 to 7 | Must be accompanied by an adult
Explore a flooded cave by LED light
Have you ever seen an underground waterfall? That’s just one highlight of Cavern Glow, our most popular adventure.
You’ll paddle through an abandoned limestone mine by the glow of your LED lights and your headlamp.
Keep an eye out for rainbow trout who often follow the tour. If you’re lucky, you’ll see a Kentucky brown bat taking a rest on the limestone walls.
Get ready for some underground fun on this unique Red River Gorge adventure.
- 1-hour guided tour
- Photo album uploaded to Facebook
- High-quality stand-up paddleboard from NRS or Hala
- Paddle from Accent Paddles
- Helmet and headlamp from NRS
- Personal flotation device from NRS
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time
- Gear up
- Quickly review skills
- Go underground and paddle
- Located in the heart of Kentucky’s Red River Gorge
- 1 hour from Lexington, KY
- 2.5 hours from Cincinnati, OH
- Bert T Combs Mountain Parkway Exit 33 toward Slade, KY
From Bert T Combs Mountain Parkway, take Exit 33, turn right, and go 4.7 miles. You will take the first left past Mill Creek Lake, which is Rogers-Glencairn Rd. Look for the Gorge Underground sign. The mine is your first left off Rogers-Glencairn Rd. It is a gravel drive through a large gate with a Gorge Underground banner, but don’t stop there. Stand Up Paddle Kentucky is a short way past the kayak outfitter.
Payment is required at booking.
For group bookings and special payment arrangements please email [email protected]. Please include your order number, name, trip dates, and amount.
We understand that sometimes plans change. Please read our policy fully.
No refunds will be given prior to your adventure.
You may reschedule your adventure as long as you do so at least 14 days prior to trip time.
No exceptions will be granted to our cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Stand Up Paddle Kentucky is refunded. We CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets, fuel, or travel time, due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Stand Up Paddle Kentucky reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a tour participant should such a person’s behavior, health, or mental condition impede the operation of the trip.
Stand Up Paddle Kentucky reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.