Thailand is an outdoor lover’s paradise. Boat rides to stunning locations, amazing dinners together at sunset, and quiet mornings next to the ocean; our days are full of a large variety of wild adventures.
Carter Caves & Grayson Lake Tour
- Experience enchanting Grayson Grotto from a stand-up paddleboard.
- Explore the sandstone cliffs of Tygarts Creek on a 3-hour paddleboard tour.
- Go underground to discover Cascade Cave.
- Enjoy world-class hiking that includes natural arches, Box Canyon, and more.
- Relax in the evening with an optional in-cabin massage.
- Adult Ages 12 and up
- Child Ages 6 to 11 | Must be accompanied by an adult
Discover waterfalls, caves, and hikes
Enjoy a weekend full of adventure as you discover waterfalls, caves, and outstanding hikes. This two-day getaway combines the best of Grayson Lake with Carter Caves.
First, you’ll stand-up paddle to intoxicating waterfalls, explore hidden caves, and marvel at the natural beauty of Grayson Grotto. Next, head for Cascade Cave and X Cave for world-class hiking and underground exploration.
At night, you’ll stay in a cozy cabin in Carter Caves State Park, which also has a great visitor’s center and gift shop. Come immerse yourself in some of Kentucky’s best-kept secrets on this leisurely, beginner-friendly adventure.
*Stand Up Paddle Kentucky reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, or other unforeseen incidents.
- Two nights’ lodging in Carter Caves State Park cabin
- Meals: Friday and Saturday night dinner, Saturday and Sunday breakfast
- 3-hour guided stand up paddle tour of Grayson Grotto
- 3-hour guided stand up paddle tour of Tygarts Creek
- High-quality stand-up paddleboard from NRS or Hala
- Paddle from Accent Paddles
- Personal flotation device from NRS
- Cascade Cave Tour
- Yoga underground in the Cascade Cave Grand Ballroom
- Guided hike to Rock Arch
- In-cabin massage (optional add-on)
- Arrive Friday. Enjoy a welcome cocktail and get to know everyone.
- Saturday morning, sit down to a deluxe breakfast to get you going for the day.
- Drive to Clifty Boat Ramp and get ready to explore Grayson Lake on a paddleboard.
- Saturday evening, return to the cabins for some relaxation time and a tour of Cascade Cave.
- Share an evening meal with the group and relax.
- Sunday morning, enjoy another delicious breakfast to prepare for exploring Tygarts Creek on the paddleboards.
- This is water-dependent. Other options include hiking the Box Canyon Trail and exploring X Cave.
- Say goodbye and head home.
Carter Caves State Park is located near Olive Hill in northeastern Kentucky. It is a few miles off of I-64. If you are coming from the north, the easiest route is I-75 to I-64 via Lexington. From Lexington, you are 1 hour and 15 minutes to the state park.
If you follow your GPS from Ohio, be aware that it WILL send you on some very small back roads.
Park address: 344 Caveland Dr, Olive Hill, KY 41164